Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Resources for my GAME plan

Carrying Out my GAME Plan

In order to achieve the goals of my GAME plan (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009), I will need to identify, locate, or create the necessary resources.
The first National Education Standard chosen for this application is to promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility.  Within this standard, I have selected two goals, a monitoring portion, and extension activities.

·       To accomplish my first goal, properly citing my digital archive, I will need internet access to research a citation or replace un-cited materials with new appropriately cited resources.   

·       My second goal, teaching online safety and ethical lessons, will require internet access, SMART board, a printed summary sheet for each lesson requiring a student signature, and an internet safety pledge for each student to commit to and sign.   

·       In order to monitor these goals, I will need to access my teaching log on a daily basis for documentation of success and frustrations.

·       If screencasts are utilized for extending the learning, Jing software will need to be installed on all student computers prior to the lesson.
The second National Education Standard chosen is to engage in professional growth and leadership.  Within this standard, two goals have been established,

·       The first goal, working with my PLC to promote technology infusion, will require a PLC minutes shared template utilizing Google Docs, internet access, and a shared calendar for documenting scheduled dates and times for each meeting. 

·       My second goal of tracking my technology leadership abilities will require the creation of a help form using Microsoft Excel. 

·       In order to track the help forms, I will also utilize Microsoft Excel to chart and graph the data obtained from the forms submitted.

I have already located the necessary information for planning, implementing, and reflecting on my GAME plan; however, while working with students and collaborating with other staff members, I am anticipating that questions or concerns may arise that may well require additional information as the plan progresses.  If more information is needed, I will use the Internet, textbooks, and other professionals to assist me in locating or interpreting new information.  

To date, I have updated the citations on approximately 60% of my digital collection, created summary sheets for the online safety and etiquette lessons, created the PLC minutes template, set up the calendar of dates for meeting, and begun working on the help form for teachers.

I feel that my GAME plan is well on its way to becoming a reality.


Reference
Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

2 comments:

  1. Robert,

    Don't you just love Google Documents! I almost live by them. I am wondering how you are using the Google Forms in correlation with Excel? I have created several forms to use as assessments, but find it difficult to use the data from them because of the way it appears on the screen. Any suggestions or directions as to what I can do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert,

    Citing your digital archive is the most crucial way to teach students the importance of digital responsibility and how to cite the resources. Completing 60% of your digital library in short time is a great success. I am sure that your students will understand the importance of citations in this academic year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete